Personal Insurance

AUTO INSURANCE protects against losses involving the use of automobiles, including the liability coverage of bodily injury, property damage, and medical payments, and the physical damage coverage of collision and comprehensive.

HOMEOWNER INSURANCE covers the house, the garage and other structures on the property, as well as personal possessions inside the house such as furniture, appliances and clothing, against a wide variety of perils including windstorms, fire and theft. The liability portion of the policy covers the homeowner for accidental injuries caused to third parties and/or their property. Flood is not covered by this type of policy. You must buy flood insurance separately.

UMBRELLA POLICIES are issued to cover for losses above the limit of the underlying policy or policies, such as homeowners and auto insurance. While it applies to losses over the dollar amount in the underlying policies, the terms of coverage are sometimes broader than those of underlying policies

RENTER INSURANCE covers a tenant’s belongings. It also provides personal liability coverage for damage the policyholder or dependents cause to third parties. Flood is not covered by this type of policy. You must buy flood insurance separately.

MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE provides liability and physical damage coverage for motorcycle riders.

RV INSURANCE covers a motorized, wheeled vehicle used for camping or other recreational activities.

BOAT INSURANCE provides a range of coverage for a watercraft, such as a boat, sailboat, yacht or other marine vehicle.

TRAVEL ACCIDENT/TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE is intended to cover medical expenses and financial (such as money invested in nonrefundable pre-payments) and other losses incurred while traveling within one’s own country or internationally.

WEDDING INSURANCE is exactly what it sounds like: an insurance policy that covers your wedding and financially protects you against misfortune and mishap.

FLOOD INSURANCE provides coverage for damage caused by a flood. This coverage is not provided by a standard homeowner policy. It is available from the federal government under the National Flood Insurance Program Information, but is only sold by licensed insurance agents like Bellow-Nichols Insurance.