COMMERCIAL GENERAL LIABILITY INSURANCE covers liability exposures of an organization which includes defense costs. It is a combination of three separate coverages, each with its own insuring agreement and exclusions:
- Coverage A = general liability which includes bodily injury and property damage;
- Coverage B = personal injury and advertising injury liability; and
- Coverage C = medical payments.
Coverage for premises and products-completed operations is part of the typical form.
COMMERCIAL PROPERTY INSURANCE covers direct loss or damage to an organization’s property, such as buildings or business personal property. It can also include coverage for indirect loss. Several endorsements are available to tailor the coverage to your organization’s specific needs.
BUSINESS AUTO POLICY (BAP) provides liability coverage for your organization (including bodily injury and property damage) and physical damage coverage caused by an accident arising out of the ownership or use of an insured motor vehicle.
WORKERS’ COMPENSATION AND EMPLOYERS’ LIABILITY INSURANCE The first part of the policy covers expenses an employer is mandated to pay by state statute to cover specific benefits for employee injuries. The second part protects employers from employee-related suits that are separate from Workers’ Compensation claims.
UMBRELLA LIABILITY INSURANCE provides excess coverage over several primary policies, such as the general liability, auto liability and employers liability. Increases the amount of liability insurance beyond that of the basic policies carried and reaches out to cover areas of unknown exposures lacking in the basic insurance policy.
PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY COVERAGE, also known as malpractice coverage or errors and omissions (E&O) coverage, covers liability for damages arising from the rendering of or failure to render professional services. Coverage includes defense costs.
- Directors’ & Officers’ Liability Insurance (D&O) provides coverage against wrongful acts which might include actual or alleged errors, omissions, mismanagement, neglect or breach of duty on the part of the board of directors and other insured persons and entities. Non-profit boards also have exposure from these types of claims. Coverage includes defense costs.
- Employee Benefits Liability (EBL) covers errors and omissions in the administration of the insured’s employee benefits such as health insurance or pension benefits.
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI or EPL) covers lawsuits brought by employees (past, present or prospects) against the insured employer, alleging such things as wrongful discharge, discrimination, or certain types of harassment. Coverage includes defense costs.
INLAND MARINE COVERAGE, also known as a floater policy, insures special property, such as computers, contractor’s equipment and fine arts at an agreed amount.
FLOOD INSURANCE provides coverage for direct loss or damage by flood to buildings and their contents . In areas declared eligible by the Federal Insurance Administrator, we can arrange for insurance directly with the National Flood Insurance Program or with a participating insurance company.